The housing market is growing rapidly within the UK and will continue to do so in the future. The government will invest £5bn over the coming years to build new homes and have launched schemes such as ‘Help to Buy’. There is a constant demand for new mortgages and re-mortgaging to be purchased. Therefore there is a need for professional mortgage providers to help buyers understand and choose their mortgage, which will be their largest purchase of their lives.
The average salary of a mortgage advisor is over £26,000, but you can go on to earn £60,000 to £100,000 with experience and application (payscale)
Why study with us?
- We offer the most competitive course costs within the UK and have trained thousands of students.
- All our courses come with finance options if you require help to pay for the course you have chosen.
- Each course is LIBF approved.
- Learn at home & at your own pace. If you wish to study full-time or part-time (to fit around your work or family commitments), our course is fully flexible to allow you to finish the course at a pace that suits you.
- The course has full tutor support, which will encourage you to build confidence and have a higher chance of helping you finish the course as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- The majority of our students after completing the course apply to work within the financial institution or professional practice. Some prefer to set up their independent company and be their own boss. Whatever your choice, the course will help you fulfil your dreams and move towards a better future as a professional mortgage advisor.
Please fill in your details on the Contact page to find out more information about this course.
It is a Level 3 qualification according to the QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework), is overseen by the Institute of Financial Services and fulfils the criteria required by the FCA (Financial Conduct Agency) for a ‘licence to practice’ as a qualified Mortgage Adviser. It consists of three parts, known as CeMap 1, 2 and 3.
The first step towards becoming a mortgage advisor is to get the right qualifications. CeMAP® is one mandatory financial services qualification that 80% of all mortgage advisers have. It is the number one Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice and the course we offer.
Unit 1 – Introduction to Financial Services Environment and Products (ITFS)
Unit 2 – UK Financial Services and Regulation (UKFS)
Both units in this introductory module provide a good exploration of the financial services environment and an overview of the main financial service products. CeMAP 1 also looks at the legal framework that the financial services industry operates in, and looks at the relationship between legislation and regulation.
ITFS and UKFS each culminate in a one hour objectively tested examination comprising of 50 multiple choice questions.
Unit 3 – Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice and Markets (MLLP)
Unit 4 – Mortgage Applications (MAPP)
Unit 5 – Mortgage Payment Methods and Products (MPMP)
Unit 6 – Mortgage Arrears and Post Completion Issues (MAPC)
The 4 units of CeMAP 2 include policies, procedures and legislation when purchasing a property. You will also cover the potential issues that may be faced by customers after a mortgage has been completed. You will understand the different types of mortgage and financial products that may be available for a customer.
MLLP, MAPP, MPMP, MAPC each culminate in a 30 minute objectively tested examination comprising of 25 multiple choice questions.
Unit 7 – Assessment of Mortgage Advice and Knowledge (ASSM)
CeMAP 3 consists of a case study that is designed to bring together the knowledge and skills that you have acquired during the previous two modules. You will take part of a mortgage advisor and assess a client’s needs and circumstances and identify an affordable and suitable mortgage solution.
The examination for ASSM is a 2-hour test with 6 case studies, each with 10 multiple-choice questions.
Please fill in your details to find out more information about this course.
The course also provides tutor support, which will encourage you to gain confidence, and has a higher chance of helping you achieve your goals. This tutor support is provided via Mentor+ which is a platform designed to help with answering questions. Mentor+ will allow you access to forums, FAQ’s, additional supporting resources and information to support your study and help you understand the course better.